How to copy/paste between element Parameters?

Anything related to MONTAGE.
ByronZED

How to copy/paste between element Parameters?

#1 Post by ByronZED » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:57 pm

say Ive been working on an element for some time. now I want to copy it and just make subtle changes or change the waveform on the other element. If there's such a function, i couldn't find it.

Moessieurs

Re: How to copy/paste between element Parameters?

#2 Post by Moessieurs » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:42 pm

Hi, select the source element or operator or key you want to copy, press shift+edit buttons, this windows is open :

Select element/operator/key destination on the right screen and press Copy ;)

This function have been add on OS 1.10.
Montage 7-Motif XF8-Reface CP&DX-DXR12/MG124Cx/Line 6 StageScape M20d/Steinberg UR22 & CC121 avec Cubase Pro 9/Ketron SD2/LD MEI 1000 MG2/ Shure SE425/Presonus HP4 (x2) /Numark IDJ Pro/ Tc Helicon Voice Live Touch/ Shure SM58.

ByronZED

#3 Post by ByronZED » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:07 am

Moessieurs wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:42 pm
Hi, select the source element or operator or key you want to copy, press shift+edit buttons, this windows is open :

Select element/operator/key destination on the right screen and press Copy ;)

This function have been add on OS 1.10.
Wow... This is really a hidden feature! i wonder why it's not in the menus... thank you.

Moessieurs

#4 Post by Moessieurs » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:06 am

This function have been release for OS 1.10, it is not in Reference Manual, with each Os donwload file, you have a pdf file that explain what the last OS bring as new functions and the previous new functions from others OS.
Take time to read them, you will find some interesting things ;)
Montage 7-Motif XF8-Reface CP&DX-DXR12/MG124Cx/Line 6 StageScape M20d/Steinberg UR22 & CC121 avec Cubase Pro 9/Ketron SD2/LD MEI 1000 MG2/ Shure SE425/Presonus HP4 (x2) /Numark IDJ Pro/ Tc Helicon Voice Live Touch/ Shure SM58.

ByronZED

#5 Post by ByronZED » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:44 am

so you're saying that they add new parameters and features with each update... but not updating the owner's manual? I'd say they do have the budget to do so...

Moessieurs

#6 Post by Moessieurs » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi, i do not think it's a budget and/or time question, in each Os zip file you find the new functions with screen shoot and translation in eleven language, the thing that cost is the translation.
Integrate all informations in each already translate reference manuals do not take so much time, (it take a lttle bit).

Actualy, the total file zip is near 100 Mo.
If they integrate i all reference manual and add them up to the os information's pdf file, each reference manual is 18 Mo size to the zip will up of near 200Mo.

Perhaps a way of explanation, it multiply by 3 the size of file to download.

There is another way of to let users download each time the new reference manua updatedl, some users can "claim" that each time it's a second download to done, the page number will change if they want to come back to one specific section (even if with hyperlink you jump directly to the good page, that's what i use).

It's a long time it's like that, as i remember fine since Motif XS and perhaps Motif Es too, more than 10 years, if Yamaha receive lot of claims about this, i think they will change the way to done.

The think that i'm sure, it's not a money/time question.

hunz
Site Admin

#7 Post by hunz » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:42 am

Great answer Moessieurs. That "thing" with Yamaha manuals always baffled me. When you read a manual, you must also go through the complete revision lists, which are not available at the same place. Maybe if they would just incorporate them at the end of the manual?
Now we don't have a problem because we're constantly on top of things. Discovering every new feature and implementation. But what happens, when a new user buys a used MONTAGE 15 years from now? That's the question in my opinion.