John Melas Montage Performance Editor 1.0.0 is released!

This is the place to discuss what's new and upcoming, as well as what we wish the MONTAGE to be.
Moessieurs

#1 Post by Moessieurs » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:24 pm

http://www.jmelas.gr/montage

Montage Performance Editor is a complete editor solution for the MONTAGE synthesizers, consisting of:

Performance Editor :

AWM2 Editor :

FM-X Editor :

Drum Kit Editor :

Basic features are:

Full Performance Common, Part, Arpeggiator, Motion Sequence, Scene and Zone parameters editing in a compact, intuitive user interface.

Easy Super Knob and Assignable Knob Control Sets routing :

Easy editing of Performances names from the PC keyboard :

Allows selection of patches by Bank or by Category. Supports searching of patches by name :

Supports copy/paste for Parts, Effects, AWM2 Elements, FMX-Operators, Drum Keys, Controls Sets, Motion Sequence Lanes, Arpeggiator Parts and Zones!

Loads and saves Performances or individual Parts to files :

Imports Performances from YAMAHA MONTAGE Connect X7B files.

Reads Performance names directly from the synthesizer.

Records and plays back phrases: You can audition a phrase looping while you are editing your Performances!

And much more!

Demo version limited in functions is available.

The software can be purchase in complete version for 70 euro.

It's a performance editor, not a Librarian, if you think it can help you to manage all your user performance area and library area by arranging, swaping ....., it's not the case, it will not alllow you to arrange performances.

You load one performance (or start from scratch if you want) you edit the performance and store it on your Montage and save it on your computer.

The thing you can do it after receive Montage all user and library data is to see what you have inside.

For example here i see my user 2 bank area and see that i have performances up to user 2 number 8, so my user bank contain 128+8 performances, you can saw all performances name, but you cannot reorganize them :

Same think for library's, after receiving all, you can see what you have inside.

The things that the editor cannot do :

- merging performances like you can do in Montage category search merge screen, you need to do it on Montage before receiving the data.
- Except part1, mport part 2 up to 16 from another performance like in montage part category search allow to select part you want to import, you need to do it on Montage before receiving the data.
- create a "user waveform", there is no option for this in the editor, it cannot access to the content page.

All functions on Montage cannot be "call" from an external device/computer, that why this 3 points cannot be done from the editor.

Things that you can do on editor and you cannot do on Montage :

- Copy FX
- Copy Control Set
- Copy Zone
- Copy Arp from a performance part to another performance (no need to import part in the performance to copy arp and after deleting this part, set copy part arp you want on perf A, call perf B, paste on perf B)
- Copy Motion seq from a performance to another (no need to import part in the performance to copy he's MS, set copy what you want, on perf A, call perf B, paste on perf B)
- Copy all envelope.(filter, AEG, Pitch, Level)
- Save individual part as AWM2 or FM-X or Drum Key file on your computer, for example you like the part 3 like a pad of a preset multipart performance, you want to use it later, save it directly as an individual part, you can load it after in the editor in a new performance (it a way to replace the part category search from part 2 to 16 also).
- Create a single part performance from a multipart performance on one click, you like a bass on a multipart performance, just want to use it for your new performance as starting point, right click on this part ==> Create performance and you have a new single part performance ready to start.

Perhaps some others things that i can not remember at this step.

Moessieurs review is online (In French) with Screen shoots and more details :

https://www.facebook.com/notes/moessieu ... 636209868/
Montage 7-Motif XF8-Reface CP&DX-DXR12/MG124Cx/Line 6 StageScape M20d/Steinberg UR22 & CC121 avec Cubase Pro 9/Ketron SD2/LD MEI 1000 MG2/ Shure SE425/Presonus HP4 (x2) /Numark IDJ Pro/ Tc Helicon Voice Live Touch/ Shure SM58.

hunz
Site Admin

Re: John Melas Montage Performance Editor 1.0.0 is released!

#2 Post by hunz » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:36 am

GREAT news. Insta-buy for me.
I believe this will be updated constantly, for a 1.0 release it's very nice!
as you know, the current state of XF tools is v2.5.

JohnMelas

#3 Post by JohnMelas » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:11 am

Hello All!

Nice to be here! Thanks to everyone for your kind words about my software and thank you hunz for the invitation!
And of course thank you Joel for your great overview of Montage Performance Editor!

I would just like to add that Montage Performance Editor was just updated to version 1.0.4!

http://www.jmelas.gr/montage/index.php

I hope you like it! More updates are coming very soon and as always they are free to registered users!
Season's greetings everyone!

John Melas

Moessieurs

#4 Post by Moessieurs » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:57 am

Thank you John ;)
Montage 7-Motif XF8-Reface CP&DX-DXR12/MG124Cx/Line 6 StageScape M20d/Steinberg UR22 & CC121 avec Cubase Pro 9/Ketron SD2/LD MEI 1000 MG2/ Shure SE425/Presonus HP4 (x2) /Numark IDJ Pro/ Tc Helicon Voice Live Touch/ Shure SM58.

ByronZED

#5 Post by ByronZED » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:58 am

Finally. A normal editor and it looks damn fine!